Tuesday, 13 August 2013

High Flyers - August GlossyBox

Far left to Right - Océane Make Up Remover Pen,
Philosophy 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes (240 ml £17.50 & 480 ml £28.50),
Emite Make Up Eyelash Curlers (Aprox £20),
Viva La Juicy Noir (100 ml £63)
& Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Eye Liner & Shadow (£10.50 full size).
Now I'm definitely a lover of last months GlossyBox (you can see that here), and to be honest this month's box didn't disappoint either. I will use all of the items I received and if you're like me and get so excited every time this box comes by your door, you don't get all delicate when you open it, you literally jump right in. This one's theme is the 'High Flyers' box which includes items from the US, Sweden, Brazil & the UK which are amazing as some are sold here in the UK or online, so they are easy to purchase.

Anyway, Lets get to it then shall we? I was so intrigued when I saw Océane Femme Make-up Remover Pen (from Brazil, not yet available in the UK), I have never really saw anything like this, but that's why I liked it so much, its unusual and so handy. When trying out an eye shadow stick that I also got in this GlossyBox I used the remover pen on a thick line on my hand and can gladly say it removed it completely. I will definitely be scrapping the moisturiser on the cotton bud theory for this little number.

Moving onto other pen-things, the Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 eye liner and eye shadow (full size) from UK is great too. I have this in a dark lilac colour (doesn't have a shade or number) and I've got to say I'm not one for purple eye shadows as they make me look like I have been punched in the eye, but this is 2-in-1 and I will most probably be sporting this under the eye or on top of the eye in days to come. It has a lovely thick consistency that applies opaque and when blending it in on my hand it seemed to blend well as an eye shadow too. There will be a more in-depth post up about this in a few days or so as I really want to give this a thorough try both as an eye liner and eye shadow. 

Next I noticed the American brand Philosophy 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes (30 ml). Now I've heard so much about this brand from YouTubers and Bloggers and I was overwhelmed to see I had a sample size of it to try and to add to that I had a bar code too, £5 off either the 240 ml or the 480 ml bottle from Debenhams. I'm going to probably do a post on this sample bottle, I have been waiting to try this stuff for a while, it's just so expensive especially on a student budget. But if I like I may just invest.

All the way from Sweden from Emite Make Up I received the eyelash curler which the glossy magazine estimates to be around £20 at www.emitemakeup.com. This I was excited to use because I own an eyelash curlers from Primark that was £1 and to be honest I haven't really used it because they aren't too great, but after having a quick go at these I think they really work. Apparently they cater to all eye shapes so that's great for my big, oval shaped eyes.

The last thing I saw in the box was the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir perfume sample (1.5 ml) and wow! I love how this smells it's got a lovely floral, sweet scent that smells so grown up and lingers in a good way. I would definitely say that if I come in to a little more money than usual I will be purchasing this one. The full size is £63 for 100 ml which you can find at your local Debenhams or online on the Debenhams website.

Overall I can say truthfully that I am incredibly imprest with the products I received and it seems that both July and August GlossyBox's haven't disappointed. Unfortunately I will be stopping purchasing GlossyBox for a little while as I'm trying to save money at the moment. But once I'm back on track I will definitely be reactivating my subscription service. Let me know in the comments below if you have subscribed to GlossyBox and what you think of this months box too.

Hope you enjoyed,
Stacey :D


No comments:

Post a Comment