Friday, 23 August 2013

Minimal Make-up Magic


As of late I have been really liking the minimal make-up look. I have been using a lot less products and in turn have returned my skin to a better standard. This being meaning having less blemishes and redness and less oily skin. Some of the products you will find in my everyday make-up routine post which you can see here, but I will list the products below anyway.



I've changed my foundation for a start and can honestly say I love it. I always come back to it in the end it's so cheap at £2, and it's the MUA Matte Perfect Shine Control Foundation. Following my previous The Over Application post you will know that I try to be as minimal and as natural as possible, using a small pea size amount in the inner parts of my face; the cheeks, t-zone area, nose and chin and then have been buffing it into the skin where needs be with a flat top buffing brush. I love how flawless and natural this method with this foundation can be.



Next I have been using the 2True 3-in-1 Concealer (shade 2) under the eyes, around the nose, on any blemishes and using a concealer brush to blend it in. I find if you conceal all the right places your face can look even more flawless and natural and gives a great canvas for greater opportunities if you wanted build your make-up and go wilder.


Once I have concealed, I tend to do the brows. I use an angled liner brush from Avon and tap into my brow colour which is a random light brown shade. I make sure to tap off excess and apply with a light hand for that natural brow look. This I find shapes the already quite flawless, natural look and frames the face more.


After this I go on and powder my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 003 Peach Glow. But I focus on the t-zone area first; swirl the brush, tap off excess (I think you know the drill, how repetitive whoops), then dab on to the forehead, nose, chin and the cheeks which is optional if you have oily skin like me. This makes the face matte and ready for colour.

You could probably carry on here and go all out on blusher, bronzer, contour etc. But all I do is either leave the eyes or add a light golden colour to the lids for a little glow and how can I forget mascara, I add a decent amount of mascara to the top and bottom lashes (mascara changes all the time) and we are done.




I've been really enjoying the minimal look and to be honest I feel better for it, but I do like to experiment from time to time with different looks, but I will probably be sporting this look for a while.

I hope this was enjoyable and thanks for reading,
Stacey :D

No comments:

Post a Comment